Street Dance Competition - The most anticipated highlight of the Festival is the street dance competition. The competition is divided into two segments, school and barangay category. Dancers dance with the MassKara beat, which I may add has a different tune every year. Every year, the organizers open a song writing competition. The winning piece will become the official MaaKara beat. Dancers dance their way to the plaza where the final showdown will take place.
Come and visit the City of Smiles and enjoy the colorful MassKara Festival!
- MassKara is considered one of the major festivals in the Philippines.
- Book your flights and accommodation early. Air fares are expected to rocket weeks or even months before the festival. Accommodations are usually fully booked.
- The airport is located at Silay City, approx. 45 mins. away from Bacolod City. There are vans that will take you to Bacolod. Standard rate is P150.
- Last trip for vans bound to the Silay-Bacolod airport is 7PM.
- The Silay-Bacolod International Airport does not operate 24 hrs. Read my encounter, http://bak-paker.blogspot.com/2011/05/my-unforgettable-encounter-at-bacolod.html
- If you are a party person, find an accommodation along Lacson St. Every night, the entire stretch is
transformed into a big party place. There are a lot of mobile bars around. You can bar hopping with families and friends.
- Getting around Bacolod is easy. You can either ride the jeep, tricycles, or taxi.
- If you are a photographer or journalist, you can purchase a photographer's ID at the Silver MassKara Foundation for P500.
- For more information, you can visit the MassKara Festival website http://www.themasskarafestival.com/